Friday, September 7, 2012

8 Weeks

I just returned from my 8 week doctor's appointment and received great news!  Each baby has his/her own sac.  This is a huge relief because as of last week they appeared to be sharing a sac, making them monochorionic/monoamniotic, or MoMo twins, the most dangerous kind.  Most MoMo's are delivered via c-section at 32 weeks, so 2 months before their due date because of cord entanglement issues as well as other scary things.

So, for now, we are expecting Mo-Di twins. (Monochorionic/Diamniotic).  Adelide and Belle were MoDi, so I feel a little more confident in understanding the risks involved.

On to better news!  Both Babies were measuring 8 weeks and 2 days at our 8 day ultrasound, so they both took a big growth spurt this week, and so did my tummy.  I am quite sure I will be unable to hide the pregnancy for long!  Baby A heartrate was 168, while Baby B came in with 164.  These heartrates make me think they are girls, but only time will tell!

Because of my extreme nausea and vomiting, my OB offered to send me to the hospital for fluids, but I declined, opting instead for trying a new medicine combo.  I am now on 8 mg zofran 3 times a day and reglan 4 times a day.  As of right now I am sick most of the day, so I am hoping this will subside in the next few weeks. 

I was schduled to meet with the perinatologist next week for another ultrasound and to discuss our course of action as well as the cerclage that will be placed between 13-14 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment